- Joined roller derby
- Got my 27 laps
- Made mistakes
- Got a big girl job
- Got promoted
- Moved to a one bedroom apt by myself
- Danced like a damn fool
- Didn’t settle for less than I thought I deserved
- Started a relationship
- Ended a relationship
- Grew closer to my best friend
- Drank more than I should have
- Dyed my hair purple……then brown
- Traveled….and made plans to travel
- Planned one of my best friend’s wedding
- Took dance classes
- Saw Beyonce
- Learned to love Muncie
- Experienced new things
- Got a streak over 100 on snapchat
- Spent more money than I should have
- Realized how happy I am
- Ate a lot of wings #onwednesnightwewingday
- Started new traditions
- Learned how to be alone with myself
- Cried a lot….but that’s ok
- Smiled even more
- Learned how to skateboard
- Made a budget plan
- Hung out with my parents as an adult
- Met a lot of cool people
- Learned how to talk myself out of a bad day
- Started working out
- Learned a lot about myself, my job, my future, my goals
- Voted
- Wondered what is happening to this world
- Found hope in small things
- Tried to be a better person
- Fell in love with my life
- Made a list of things I did and didn’t do in 2016…..and smiled as a result.
2 2016, depending on who you ask, to the world was a horrible year. I agree, the world saw a year that quite frankly, no one wants to mention ever again. But for me personally, I had a great year. Everyone will be happy to see 2016 end. Me? I will wave farewell with a smile...turn around and move towards 2017 knowing that I am going to challenge myself to have another year full of new experiences, knowledge, and yes, even mistakes. I'm excited to see my list at the end of 2017 because there is no stopping me now.
No comments:
Post a Comment